Top 5 Home Fitness Programs
During these tough economic times we’re all trying to find ways to save money. When looking at your fitness regimen you may want to consider your options. If you’re paying a high monthly membership cost at your local gym, you might want to put a “freeze” on your account and look into a home fitness program, which is great for a couple of reasons.
First, they can provide a change of pace from the monotony of going to and from the gym everyday. Secondly, as discussed above, they can save you much needed dinero.
Here’s a list of the most popular fitness programs on the market today:
5. Nordic Track — Their Personal Trainer III machine is still one of the best ones out there and offers the most bang for your buck. Resistance can be increased up to 220 lbs and there are no ‘rods’ or ‘bows.’ There’s a high rate of customer satisfaction and it comes with specific workout program for each day of the week. Price: $599.99
4. Weider — The Pro Fury home gym is advertised as a ‘complete, total body workout’ and it certainly has the specs to back up that claim. It contains 6 pulleys, a removable bench, and the ability to allow two people to workout at the same time. The machine also has a 100 lb Cast Weight Stack and capacity for over 55 different exercises. Price: $799
3. Nautilus — As part of the Bowflex family, Nautilus’ Freedom Trainer compares favorably to their Ultimate Home Gym, but costs a bit less. It contains weighted plates pulled by cables that can increase by increments of 15 lbs. The trainer’s arms also adjust on two separate planes and counterbalance each other making for simple adjustment in vertical planes. Price: $3,520
2. Bowflex — The Bowflex 2 Ultimate Home Gym is one of the most advanced machines available today. It’s a total body workout with over 95 exercises. It contains up to 310 lbs of resistance (upgradeable to 410). I’ve used this a few times and found it be very effective. However, if you’re not used to training with ‘bows’ then it will take some getting used to. Price: $2,499
1. P90X — One of the fastest growing workout programs on the market, P90X is different because it’s not a piece of equipment but a series of 12 DVDs that contain specific workouts designed to blast fat and build lean muscle in 90 days. I can vouch for this because I’m currently in my fifth week and seeing amazing results. It does require you to have a pull up bar and dumbells (or a resistance band). It also comes with a full nutrition guide. Price: $119.85